A study has shown that nails grow approximately 3.74 mm per month. This may vary from one person to another. While acrylic nails have always been in fashion it doesn’t compare to naturally strong and healthy nails.
Here are some simple home remedies that can help you improve brittle and weak nails.
- Olive oil helps keep the nails moisturised because its rich in vitamin E. Heat up some olive oil until its lukewarm. You can either massage it into your nails and cuticles for about five minutes or soak your nails in the warm oil for 15 to 20 minutes before going to bed. Always wear gloves at night for the oil to be absorbed quicker. This remedy moisturises the nails and cuticles and helps them grow stronger and faster.
- Another option is coconut oil. Heat up the oil until its lukewarm and massage into your nails and cuticles for 5 minutes or soak your nails in the oil for 15 to 20 minutes before going to bed. Use gloves for the oil to be absorbed faster. Coconut oil will moisturize your nails and also help them grow faster and stronger.
- Taking good care of your hands and nails is very important.
Keep your skin and cuticles moisturised. Dry skin around the nails makes the skin more prone to infections which results in damaged and unhealthy nails.
- Keep your nails in good shape, cut and filed will prevent them from breaking.
- Always dry your nails properly after taking a shower or a bath as wet nails tend to break and chip more often.
- Visit a professional salon for your manicure and pedicure.Never cut cuticles because that leaves the nail open to infections which could damage the nail bed.
Avoid harsh chemicals and harsh nail removers. Using the CosPlus Nail Hardener which contains aloe vera for extra care will transform your nails in just 10 days.